The Church was formed from 2nd December 2001 as a 'merger' of the local United Reformed and Methodist Churches.
Services are held every Sunday Morning at 10.30am and follow both Methodist and United Reformed style of worship. On the third Sunday of each month an additional service of Holy Communion is held at 6.00pm in the evening.
A warm welcome awaits all new people, whatever their Church background and even if they have no previous Church links.
The suite of buildings were home to the United Reformed Church, as it was known from 1972. The Church itself was opened on 25th August 1865 as a Congregational Church and the Halls in the High Street were added in April 1934. There had been a Congregational presence in the town since 1822. Methodists have been in the town since 1842. The Methodist Church on the corner of High Street and Beach Street was opened on 25th August 1885.
The present Church is part of the South East District and the Canterbury and East Kent Circuit of the Methodist Church and of the Southern Synod and East Kent Area Co-Ordinating Team of the United Reformed Church.
We hold several concerts during the year and more details can be found under MIMS, this is short for Music in Mortimer Street. which is where we can be found. Just click on to the MIMS heading on the top left, for more details.